ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 4B
November 26, 2012, 7 p.m.
Police Department, 4th
District Station, 6001 Georgia Ave., NW
- Call To Order
- Roll Call
- Consideration of the Agenda
Presentation: Report from Councilmember Muriel Bowser’s
- Police Report
- Community Concerns
- Presentation and Discussion: Proposed group home: Oxford House, 609 Nicholson Street N.W –
Ms. Kelly Crowder
- Presentation and Discussion: Proposed group home: Rising Above Transitional Place, Inc.,
5911 4th Street NW – Ms. Diane Brice;
- Presentation and Vote: 6000 New Hampshire Ave NE, Request to
Zoning Commission for Modification of Approved PUD and Special Exception
for Adult Day Treatment Center
Note: DC Dept of Health has been asked to
send a representative to discuss these facilities
- Presentation and Vote: Department of General Services
Declaration of Paul Charter School as Surplus Property and Proposed
Extension of Charter School Lease
- Discussion and Vote: Resolution, Omnibus Alcoholic Beverage
Regulation Act of 2012
- Review and Approval of Grant Applications
- Approval Vote: – FY 2012 4th
- Approval Vote: FY 2013 Budget
Vote: Minutes for September 24, 2012, October 11,
2012, October 22, 2012 meetings
NEXT MEETING: Monday, January 28, 2013
your Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner:
ANC 4B01 Sara Green (829-8802, ANCSaraGreen@yahoo.com): ANC 4B02 Faith Wheeler (882-7565, firstname.lastname@example.org): ANC 4B03 Fred Grant (288-6016, email@example.com): ANC 4B04
VACANT; ANC 4B05 Brenda Speaks (506-5632, 4B05@anc.dc.gov); ANC
4B06 Gloria D. Palmer (722-2751, firstname.lastname@example.org): ANC 4B07 Judi Jones (291-6282, email@example.com): ANC 4B08 Yvonne Jefferson (529-3887, firstname.lastname@example.org): ANC 4B09 Douglass Sloan (291-6185, 4B09@anc.dc.gov)
For More Information, Including Documents,
Community Links and Office Hours,
Go To ANC4B.info
Meeting rules on reverse side
- The Meeting Agenda will be made
public one week prior to the meeting.
- All cell phones & pagers must
be switched to "silent" during the meeting.
- Only elected Commissioners are
permitted to sit at the Commissioners’ meeting table. Members of the public may not approach
the Commissioners’ meeting table or engage Commissioners while sitting at
the table in individual conversations while the meeting is in session. Any document or other item to be
provided to Commissioners will be placed in a collection box at the
entrance to the meeting room. The
ANC 4B Staff Assistant will collect and distribute to Commissioners any
such documents or other items.
- Commissioners and the public
attending the meeting are obliged and expected to maintain order, and to
speak and behave in a civil and respectful manner. The Chair will recognize and call on
constituents and Commissioners who raise their hands to speak. The Chair will use her discretion to
maintain order and enforce the meeting rules.
- Constituents will be called on in
random order, to allow as many to speak at least once as time
permits. Due to time constraints, a
second opportunity to speak may not be available.
- Questions and comments regarding
agenda items must be relevant to the subject under discussion. Comments or questions not relevant to
the agenda item under consideration shall be ruled out of order by the
- The public attending may ask one
question and one follow-up question during the Q&A period.
- During the time allotted for
Community Concerns, the public attending may address any issue of concern
of which the Commission should be aware.
Any member of the public making a comment or expressing a concern shall be limited to three
persons who do not cooperate with the rulings of the Chair shall be asked
to leave the meeting. The Chair, or
her designee, may call for police assistance to maintain and enforce
- We will set time limits for each
speaker and each agenda item.
- Following presentations,
Commissioners will ask questions, followed by questions from the public
- The Sergeant at Arms will monitor
time limits and push the agenda.
- NOTE: This meeting may be tape-recorded.
Get more information, including
community and government links, at www.anc4b.org