Comments Submitted By Dreck Wilson To Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B,
Spring Place Proposal – 10-24-11 Public Meeting
1. Pave existing alley between Phase I and Phase II with decorative pavers.
2. Oppose any parking variance.
3. Phase II parking requires a min. of 1 handicap stall.
4. Bike Station inside courtyard is poor siting. Relocate.
5. Bike Share Station is too far from building entrances and windows--will attract thieves.
6. Parallel to the property-line that runs behind the houses along Chestnut St., install masonry privacy wall not a fence.
1. Site should be designed by a licensed landscape architect.
2. Rear yards (on private property) of existing houses should be planted by the developer with an evergreen tree allee parallel to property-line.
3. Landscape around buildings on all sides.
4. Screen all parking areas with trees and under-story shrubs.
5. Group trees in courtyard to provide shade and install site furniture.
6. Densely plant (approx.200 ea.) evergreen trees in existing protected area parallel to Metro.
Dreck Spurlock Wilson, ASLA, NOMA, SAH
Landscape Consortium, Ltd.
505 Dahlia St., NW
Washington, D.C. 20012